Any child wishing to talk about a problem can contact: Childline on 0800 1111
Any parent or carer wishing to talk about parenting problems can contact Family Lives on 0808 800 2222
The Parish Safeguarding Coordinators are available to speak with adults or children. Sian Newman (01233 770296), Julie Lupton (01580 291658)
Safeguarding Policy Statement for Children, Young People and Vulnerable Adult
This parochial church council has adopted the safeguarding policies and procedures of the Church of England. In particular we are committed to:
- the safeguarding of all children, young people and vulnerable adults.
- carefully selecting and training paid and voluntary staff who might come into contact with children or vulnerable adults, using the Disclosure and Barring Service amongst other tools, to check their suitability.
- responding without delay to every complaint made which suggests that an adult, child or young person may have been harmed.
- cooperating fully with the police, local authority and any other appropriate statutory body in any investigation.
- ministering appropriately to anyone, child or adult, who has experienced abuse.
- extending pastoral care to those known to have offended against children or vulnerable adults whilst ensuring that children and vulnerable adults are protected from them
In the village and Parish of Smarden we have appointed Sian Newman (01233 770296) as Safe guarding coordinator.
In the village and Parish Biddenden we have appointed Julie Lupton (01580 291658) as Safe Guarding coordinator.
Approved by the Parochial Church Councils 17th June 2019.
The Safe Guarding Manual can be downloaded here: Benefice of Biddenden and Smarden Safeguarding Policy Manual
Benefice Safeguarding policy manual Adopted by Smarden and Biddenden PCC’s in July 2018.